The Institute for Environmental Solutions (IES) is an international research and innovation organization that develops sustainable solutions for the management of natural resources. With the expansion of medicinal and aromatic plant research, IES is looking for a microbiologist to join the team in a newly established microbiology laboratory.
Workplace located in Priekuļi county, Latvia.
– Development and implementation of various microbiological analyses
– Work with a microplate reader and another laboratory equipment
– Evaluation of biological characteristics of plant active compounds, plant-based extracts and phytopreparates
– Evaluation of biological and microbiological quality of various substrates (e.g., soil, compost, wood processing by-products, etc.) and products (e.g. food, cosmetics, plant protection products, etc.)
– Organization and presentation of gathered data and test results
– Development of documentation related to the testing process and laboratory operations in accordance with the requirements of good laboratory practice and quality management system
– Full-time job in an international team
– Salary adequate to the figure, depending on the previous experience
– Career development and professional growth
– Health insurance
– Master’s degree in biology, food and biotechnology, agriculture, or related fields
– Good English skills
– Good computer and statistical analysis skills
– Accurate and timely performance regarding job tasks, both as a team member and working individually
– Initiative, very good collaboration and argumentation skills
– High sense of responsibility and loyalty, achievement and results oriented mindset
– Knowledge about soil, plant and food micro-organisms will be considered as an advantage
Potential applicants are required to send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by the 31st of August 2022.
If you have any questions, please call +371 29336522 (Jessica).
More about IES: www.vri.lv